Quick question for you! Please answer

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Anxiety a year ago. After having several panic attacks, they said it had to be anxiety (this was my doctor) I started going to therapy went about 5 times... In January, I started getting intrusive thoughts. I started seeing another therapist who said I had OCD, which triggered my anxiety. She said my thoughts are obsessive , I focus too much on negative things. Which I know I do... Looking back what causes my panic attacks was me obsessing over the thought of having some kind of illness.

I guess my question would be, is it possible that she is correct? the only reason I am even questioning is because the first therapist I spoke to never mentioned anything about OCD or what triggered my anxiety.... 

I feel like it must be true because i ALWAYS focus on the negative thoughts, like here are a few:

*They were laying off people and my head went to omg your next, they are going to fire you next*

*What if you have a panic attack at home, *

*What if you were to harm your child*

My mind immediately goes and stays on negative stuffsad

Sorry this is all new to me... Im just over this already..

So much for a quick question. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The easiest way to find what triggers your anxiety is to write down exactly what you was doing where you was and what kind of situation your in when it starts I've had anxiety foe 13 years now and I found mine by using this method eventually you'll be able to get a idea of the things that trigger it

• Posted

It could be...  My mother-in-law has OCD but I question that because she worries and focuses on the negative which I thought was anxiety..  My husband has anxiety and when he takes medication, it helps a lot!!  Have you researched any supplements that could help?  fish oil??  Vit D?? Spirulina?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.