Quick subutex taper

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have 72 mg of subutex to taper with i cant afford my next dr appt and well  just ready to be done. Please any examples info would be so very appreciated. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi @crystal59746

I take it that your not in the UK based on not being able to afford an appointment. Before I go on, can I be as nosey as to ask how much it costs for an appointment where u are?

Anyway in my experience I've only came across suboxone and it's basically just subutex with naloxone in it as a blocker.

I've came down pretty fast a few times and then off rather easily.....the general consensus is to drop only 10% of the last dose .

So from wot u wrote I'm assuming that you only have 72mgs left to ween yself off of subutex.. or have you 72mgs of subutex to get yself off of your opiate addiction ?

If it's the former rather than the later I would first drop to the minimum amount that you feel comfortable with .. let's say it's 16mg (2×8mg) .

I'd take 4mgs 4 times a day when required .

Then on day 2 is drop it 4mgs to 12mgs (that's roughly a 25% drop) ..

Sorry I'm struggling here as to what I would do . I'm presuming you have 9 ×8mg tabs do i would take every 8mg tablet and break it into 4 pieces . That will give you 36 bits of 2mgs a bit.

So

Day 1 I'd take 4×2=8mg

Day 2 4×2=8mg(16mg off o yr total)

Day 3 3×2=6mg

Day 4 3×2=6mg(28mg off o yr total)

Day 5 2×2=4mg

Day 6 2x2=4mg (36mg off o yr total)

Day 7 1×2=2mg

Day 8 1×2=2mg (40mg off o yr total)

So thats a pretty fast taper BUT the hardest part is from NOW OR FROM 2mgs to 0 mgs,!

YOU NOW HAVE 32MGS LEFT SO Day 9 to Day 13 - Take 2MGS PER DAY

*( This leaves 22mgs)

Day14 to Day 18 -Take 2mgs total at split doses of 1mg morning and 1mg night

*(This leaves 12mgs )

Day 19 to 23 - Take1mg daily

*(this leaves 7mgs)

Day 24 to 33 - 0.5mg daily

*this leaves 2mgs

NOW IT'S ALMOST TIME TO JUMP OFF .

SO WHAT I WOULD DO IS CRUSH UP 2MG AND ONLY USE AS REQUIRED EVERY OTHER DAY.

You may get some discomfort but it should be minimal if you find the taper easy enough.

The information I have giving you is what I would do and is NOT PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR INSTRUCTION.

If you choose to follow MY TAPER ,WHICH I HAVE SHARED WITH YOU AS A GUIDE ONLY ,THEN IT IS YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT A MEDICAL PROFESSINAL BEFORE COMMENCING.

Hope this is of use to yself and to others..stay safe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.