Quick switch from citalopram to venlaxafine IR 75mg twice a,day

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All! So..started on sertraline late January..didn't work...then citalopram... Also stopped working.. 5 days ago per doc..had me stop citalopram and next day start venlaxafine IR 75mg twice,a,day... Feel ok.. First night..no sleep but now,sleep.is good..a little revved up after 1st dose..but second...no.. Sweats are terrible... Just would like to hear only positive stories..I can talk myself into anything..can't hear negative...and when will side effects fade?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there. Yes, overheating might be a side effect for some people. I thought so too but in also menopausal. Yay hot flashes.

It's a new medicine that's altering your brain chemicals, so once your brain reaches that therapeutic dose (anywhere between 4-8) weeks, you'll notice that most of the side effects will have gone already. For the majority of the time, I feel very good on this medication. I was on it for 13 years but my generic was discontinued. So that was a great stretch for anyone really. But it was subbed with something else that didn't work. So now I'm on brand Effexor XR 75.

So give the medication a good two months to work. But I'm willing to bet that you will notice a nice difference in how you feel emotionally in about 3 weeks. Hang in there, this is a marathon!!! God bless you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.