Quit drinking, are my symptoms related?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I quit drinking about 2 weeks ago, and ive honestly felt quite awful. Are my symptoms possibly related to my quitting of alcohol? I only really ever drank beer, probably 4+ a night for many years. Since quitting ive had the following symptoms on and off:

-more frequent urination (not lately)

• abdominal pains and discomfort in general
  • excess stomach rumbling and gas
  • changed bowel movements
  • some lower back soreness and sides as well

I am going to be visiting the doctor again, just wanted to know in advance if anyone else has ever had the same.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matthew. I stopped drinking 6 years ago and had none of those symptoms. Best to see your GP i think.a great achievement so far 😁 Robin

• Posted

You should be feeling better now any suspicious ailments should be took ur docs

• Posted

Hi, please do let your GP know what you are doing ok. If you're in the UK,then the NHS does have support systems in place.....whether you have any local you is a different matter but worth looking into.

Good luck and I am sorry I can't be of any help with your side effects but I've not started my "journey" yet.

• Posted

Hi Matthews !!! Hope you have been done with this problem & now living a well settled and healthy life ….

• Posted

Hi Matth How going on your life !!!!! Hope you are doing well

• Posted

You never have a lot to say Alexandra..this discussion is 6 months old and i wonder why you waited this long..

• Posted

You took a great step, I would say don't know about these symptoms before. But yes, intake of alcohol in excess is not good for health …… So dear stay away from it & enjoy sober life .

• Posted

Alexendra why do you keep replying to old posts when you dont have anything helpful to say?

• Posted

Sorry for that , But I just try to be a part of this conversation . so that i got some information knowledge from here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.