Quit smoking/ Bad heart palps

Posted , 5 users are following.

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and I am experiencing really bad heart palps or pvc’s. I have always had heart palps from anxiety and so on but not nearly as often as these. Anyone else experience or are experiencing this?

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I did have a shortness of breathing when I quit smoking. Though it happened as well when I was smoking, that's why I quit. Though it's temporary 

• Posted

Hope you did it and don`t need cigarettes anymore!
    • Posted

Rmayers,

I have not smoked for over 7 months now and proud of that. My heart palpitations had gotten worse for the last few months but noticed that they were really awful with indigestion. If I felt bloated or would eat certain foods my heart would go crazy. I decided to just stop taking my PPI because I was convinced it was making me bloated which in turn was causing these endless palps. About a week and a half to 2 weeks after I stopped  taking my PPI my heart palps have let up almost completely. I will still get them if I sit or lay a certain way but all day everyday has since left. Hoping they stay away from here on out but I guess time will tell. I will be going to a stomach doctor very soon as I think they are primarily related to that. Some doctors will tell you that there is no correlation between palps and stomach issues but I call bullshi$ lol. So we will see. Oh and I feel much better now that the smokes are out of my life. 

• Posted

Such symptoms should not be. Consult a physician.
    • Posted

I have consulted a couple doctors and they have been useless. I have been doing much better since I stopped the PPI. I know that I will have to to take some sort of reflux medicine in the near future but maybe just not this particular kind. Too much of a coincidence that my palps finally ceased after months of runs. Plus I could feel my palps get worse with bloating brought on by the PPI. Our vague nerve is connected by stomach and heart issues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.