Quiting SSRI.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

I've been taking SSRI (37,5mg - minimum dose) for 2 days now and feel that the heightened anxiety isn't worth it. I'm aware of the withdrawal symptoms, so I figured I should get a professional opinion on the subject. Is it safe to stop taking them since it's only been 2 days since I started?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Always speak to your doctor about these kinds of things.

But, yes if it has only been two days you should be fine. That isn't long enough to really affect you if you stop.

I personally would encourage you to give it a week and a half, though.

My doctor warned me that I would probably feel terrible for the first week or more, and they were right.

I also felt anxiety and generally nauseous, out of it, etc.

But after, I was fine. The medication helped me in the time I took it and I was glad I pushed through,

Medication does not work in an instant. It takes time, there is always the chance of bad symptoms initially. If you are already dejected by two days of bad symptoms, then you shouldn't be seeking out medication at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.