Quitting Differin Gel?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’m a 15 year old female with a bad acne problem. My acne started worsening a few months ago, and I heard oral contraceptives usually result in a clearer face, so I had my doctor prescribe me Trinessa Lo + Differin gel. After weeks went by and my acne had only gotten worse (I’m thinking due to Trinessa Lo), I went in for an alternative solution. My doctor changed my birth control to Estarylla, and prescribed me Onexton. I continued to use Differin gel along with the Onexton, as she said it would be fine. Fast forward a little, I still saw no improvement, and now my face was a lot more red and splotchy. I called in and asked to be prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate. Have been on that for about a week now. My face is still red and splotchy all the time, I’m guessing from either the use of Differin gel, Onexton, or the combination of both. I want to try to stop using Differin gel.... will it have any negative effects? Will I break out more, will my face get more greasy, etc.?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.