Quitting Heroin AB

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I have been using Heroin for the last two years I have now made considerable steps to quitting and staying clean I am down to one deal of heroin a day (down from 3) I have Naltroxone tablets for when I am clean. I now have some Valium to help me quit and have some DF118 tablets (Hydrocodine I think is there name) what is the best way to use these tablets to come off Heroin, I have nine days of work in a week and a half should I start the DF118 tablets now and gradually reduce the dosage then when my time off starts go cold turkey and use the Valium to help with the withdrawal symptoms along with Nightnurse and flu medicines with vitamins and Immodium please advice me as I need to stop this addiction and return to normal life as I am so close to my breaking point can't take this any more. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Neil,

Have you considered going to your local NA, CA or AA groups? If your truly ready to quit your addiction then these guys offer the best support to help you through your situation. My partner has now been abstinent for over three years.

All of the groups above have slightly different approaches but all follow the 12 steps which helps personal growth and understanding on addiction.

I wish you all the best, stay positive and any questions just ask smile

Sarah

• Posted

Hello Sarah

I have tried NA the first time i stopped then my habit was huge with Methadone ( i was taking £100 of heroin by injecting and 120ml of Methadone) i got clean with nothing but over the counter codine free medicines. Now i have 9 days off work and are 3 days clean NA group meetings dont work for me as i cant tell random people my problems one on one does work but my job wont allow me to attend meetings as they are in work hours. My view is i got myself into this i get myself out as i am 3 days clean i will start the Naltroxone on day 10 then try to get my GP to give me a perscription for more to stay clean once i proove i have not used for a month i hope they will see i mean business and want to stay clean. Do you have any tips or pointers i could use when i try to get it on perscription any ideas would be helpfull thank you Neil.

• Posted

Wow what an amazing person you are to do this well done, it takes great strength and courage to wean yourself off such a drug, you are to be commended,  But I hope you are doing this under a doctors supervision, for your own safety, they are very understanding and supportive if you are truely making this step, Valium is also a heavy drug to come off, and must be supervised also.....but good luck, I think it's fantastic to heR someone coming to their senses and giving up drugs, I wish you all the best, and every success 
    • Posted

Hello Gwen

Thank you for your kind words it has given me a boost during this testing time i have given up before 14 years ago then i was injecting 100 pounds worth a day with 100ml of methadone. I made it 10 years clean then was using as a weekend warrior my girlfriend and i started having issues and split so for the last two years it was daily use, like i said i have cut down on heroin and subutex getting ready to quit but my doctor is no help at all so i have had to buy through the blackmarket its the only way to get what i needed to beat this habit. Some people say addiction is a desease i dont belive this as abusing drugs ia a choice people who suffer from HIV, MS and Cancer have no choice it is with them all the time. In my case i chose to do it now i have a good job a great family and a wonderfull girlfriend but i am at breaking point it is now or never all in or bust as for drug councilling my job is full time with long hours i have really landed on my feet with this one so having time off for meetings and collecting scripts cant be done. Also i tried group meetings but cant talk in front of a group telling multiple people my problems i have tried one on one and it did work but again it is missing work to attend my view is i got my self in this mess only i can get out of it its now 3 days clean and when i reach 10 days i will start Naltroxone tablets then visit my GP to try to get on a perscription to stay clean but my surgery is not the most understanding for this problem any suggestions would be gratefully accepted thanks for your time Neil.

• Posted

Hi Neil, it sounds like somebody quoted those words to you and it's stuck in your mind, even if you did get yourself into it, doesn't mean you do not need some help,to get out of it, and your doctor sounds like he needs to go back to training,   A lot of addictions are passed on in your genes, not drugs may be, but alchahol, overspending, gambling, there is usually something in the family....we all have choices, and most of us make the wrong ones several times in our lives, and anyone who says they don't are liars, so don't entertain them, the fact you know and understand it's time to be giving it up for good is amazing and your friends family and doctors should be proud and supportive of this, change doctors if not, idiots.... I have two grown up kids who are cocaine users, and other things, not heroine....well I don't think so any way, my sine gas been next to deaths door three times now, and three times they have told him if he does this again, he will have a heart attack and due, the last time they just looked at him in despair after bringing him round again, and said that is it Michael, don't try it again...I am hoping he is off it, he says he is, but it takes require great strength to get through withdrawal symptons just from heavy pain drugs and things, so I can appreciate the awful things and feelings you have to go through, be careful with the black market stuff please, it would be better to change doctors take dare Neil x
  • Posted

Ps.  We know there are people who duffer dreadful illnesses through no choice of their own Neil, but every persons problems are individual t them so don't think you have to be on a guilt trip because of that, it's awful how people duffer dreadful things, but to you this addiction is dreadful and it will kill you, which is why you are being so sensible in stopping it, if you could do it for ten years Neil you can do it for life, no going back!    What you need to look into is how to handle disappointment or rejection, if it hapoens again in your life, so then you won't be tempted to go backwards again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.