Quitting Quetiapene cold turkey - on it 2 weeks, 2 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on quetiapene for two weeks and two days. First 300mg for one week then 600mg the second. My consultant doesn't seem to care about the depression I feel at night on this drug. It drives me to binge for the pain - I'm inpatient and informal. I didn't take my Quetiapene last night and I noticed some nausea this morning. Will quitting cold turkey after 2 weeks and 2 days be easy? I can withstand the nausea. I'm planning on going to my GP when I move from the city I am in now, in hospital to another city, back home, and seeing what they said. I should be out of hospital next weekend. But is it ok to quit when I've only been taking it for such a short period, or am I in for a bad withdrawal? Also minor headache but I can deal with that. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Been placed, sorry, forced on Aripiprazole even though I've had no symptoms of mania while off Quetiapene and I'm annoyed. Apparently I can't be discharged without treatment even though I'm informal and was only on a section 2 anyway which was not for treatment.

My diagnosis has changed in the past 3 months from borderline personality disorder with anxiety, to rapid cycling bipolar, to mania with psychosis, to bipolar mania. So what exactly are they treating was my argument and how can they analyse me in an artificial environment that isn't my natural enviroment. I'm not happy on any anti-psychotic or brain altering drug and I will just ride the next few weeks out then gtfo of here and will stay away from a&e forever. 

• Posted

Aripiprazole seems to be going well and I should be home by Christmas. Itching a bit as a possible side effect from coming off Quetiapene though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.