RA and cleaning teapot.

Posted , 8 users are following.

The other day I was cleaning the inside of the stainless steel teapot it hadn't been done for quite sometime it was a bit fiddly and ever since my right hand is given me some jip being right handed and of cause my right hand has the worst of the rheumatoid arthritis damage knuckles etc, my wife plays up when I do things but I am sure other people with RA can relate to this, you feel not to bad and then suffer afterwards, it always reminds you it's still there.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Some jip, jip spelt wrong, anyway meaning pain and trouble.

• Posted

I've had this RA since 1988 - at least that 's when symptoms started but I hear it is brewing before symptoms appear.  I had TKR last month and the Surgeon told my husband, I don't have arthritis in that knee anymore, it;s all new.  He doesn't understand it is systemic.  So now more than ever I am having trouble feeling good and it doesn't take much to iinflame the knee as it was just after the operation. All it takes is standing for an hour on it. People who only have osteo, have a much better time recovering from surgeries, especially joint surgeries.  If you ARE careful not to overdo, you won't llikely wear out your joints and need operations to repair them.  Just a word to the wise. However an exercise program keeps you moving and I recommend the therapy pools if you are close to one.   I hear they can repair fingers too, so if you have them getting crooked, have them evaluated.

• Posted

Hi Lynn

I know it's a stupid question What are therapy pools Are they suana

• Posted

Most public pools or health club pools now have a smaller area pool that is heated to bath tub temp and people with physical limitations can use it for swimming or exercise, some with groups led by someone.
  • Posted

This often happens to me. I feel good and do something, eg. play in the park with my granddaughter (she loves the swings). I always feel dreadful the next day but I feel it is worth it. One of the things I hate about this disease is not being able to do the things I used to. Not being able to walk far is the worst. I used to walk my dogs for miles.
  • Posted

I hate it!! Not being able to do the things I love. Not feeling like doing anything and sick and tired of hot pads, long baths, resting, etc.... You can only sit so long before your butt hurts. My husband is always on me when I start doing something and I know I'll regret it but I am to the point I'm saying to heck with it. I cannot and will not live my life sitting and watching everyone else do things. I guess I will hurt but I think it's worth it.

• Posted

I reckon you have to adjust life, I can't open jars and most things I got some grippers/levers no strenght in my wrists carrying any sort or weight spells trouble, I like gardening have got a hedge to cut lawn to cut, a bit at a time is the way.

• Posted

Mines carrying heavy carrier bags done heavy lifting all my life so I still think I can then the reminder starts ho what joy
  • Posted

Understanding our RA limitations are tricky. Next time try a long handled scrub brush to do all the work spare the nuckles.

are you taking any meds? There are some melds that can help with pain & slow down the damage of ra..

Peace & Heling

• Posted

I know how you feel. I am an artist and love to paint. I can't do it near as often anymore, and when I do, I pay for it the next day. I painted for 3 hours on Friday and I could barely use my hand on Saturday. I was literally in tears it was so painful and I couldn't close some of my fingers. I was fine today and painted for a couple hours. I know what I am in for tomorrow, but I refuse to let this take away my art.

• Posted

Why don't you have your dr. write you a script for volaren gel.  You will still need to rest your  hands but this will help you not be in such discomfort

• Posted

It definitely takes a strong mental attitude with chronic health problems RA being one, you can only carry on and try to enjoy the good bits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.