RA and crohns diagnosis symptoms of resp or cardiac issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with 3 autoimmune diseases. RA, crohns and vitiligo and I now have symptoms of blood pressure readings going up and down, palpitations and most recently a resp infection that caused constant coughing and sensation of difficulty with breathing. Those have passed after prednisone and antibiotic but now I am wondering if I have resp autoimmune issue or vasculitis It is very frustrating since my primary doctor just doesn't seem to know what is going on and doesn't want further testing.My sleep is awakened by palpitations and checking my blood pressure I notice it is very high for me. A lot of info here but i am just wondering if anyone has had these type issues I am afraid to start Cimzia again since I am very concerned I will get much worse. The resp infection took 6 wks to get get rid of and left me very run down.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If this is a race for how many auto-immune diseases we have, sorry, but I win by a huge margin...

RA, peripheral neuropathy, pernicious aenemia, filamental keratitis, vitiligo, hypothyroidism, IBS... There's even another one I've forgotten! (Memory loss??)

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

What was your question when writing your post? Happy to oblige.

• Posted

Sorry, I don't usually post anything and so I don't know why my message was clipped.There was a paragraph missing on my initial post here. My computer needed to be recharged just as I was sending so ?? if that was the issue

At any rate the discussion really wasn't related to the 3 autoimmune but I have been having issues with frequent changes in blood pressure through out the day and pounding palpations . Just got over a 6 week upper resp infection with constant coughing and sensation of choking. Treated with 2 courses of prednisone and antibiotics. I have not been on any med. for RA in a year, only pentasa for Crohns. I was to start biologic Cimzia again but this resp infection delayed it.On cimzia last year and stopped due to palpations Was seen by cardio doc but nothing found on testing

I was wondering if anyone else with RA or Crohn's had this type of cardiac issue

• Posted

Hi Gloria,

This is interesting as I had the diagnosis the other way round. Months of palpitations, profuse sweating and looking grey around the gills. I was diagnosed with an aortic flow murmur. About a year later, I was diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis. The two may or may not be linked-no one has been willing to commit. However, ramapril controlled my blood pressure (and continues to do so), after much faffing about with meds my inflammatory arthritis is dampened by combined treatment of methotrexate and benapali. I am a season ticket holder for meds if you add in various others (gabapentin, zapain etc....) but I'm keeping going 🤣😂.

Don't know if I've answered your question but this has been my experience....... Hope that helps or offers some reassurance in some way.

Take care

Anthony

• Posted

Thank you Anthony. That was informative. I think I will ask the primary doc to do some cardiac testing or refer me to cardiologist againWhen I am ""normal" - my BP runs on the low side so I am a bit leary to start on a pressure med.I have so many side effects from medication-

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.