RA and gold injections.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there.just a short question for anyone who takes or has taken gold injection.

Have you experienced as side effects trouble with the inside of the nose and also scalp problems such as hair loss and small pimple like things that constantly aggrevate the skin? Any knowledge would help. many thanks. ian

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ian, I am using Embril injections and also having trouble with my nose. It only started when I was prescribed medication for Inflammatory Arthritis. I was thinking of making an appointment to see my Dr. As it is annoying. Plus sore. Permanent small spots which never seem to heal and go away. I did have a small break from the injections and it did clear a little, but as bad as ever again now. Maybe a side effect. Haven't had problems with my scalp, although hair thinner. Hope this helps, sorry I haven't a solution.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Did cross my mind it's side effects not sure 100% what think, but when are we ever? Have to have a word with doc I think. Keep you posted what he says. TTFN. Ian

• Posted

Hi Ian

it's been 40 years since I had gold injections and as far as I can remember I had no side effects.  I did google gold injections side effects and there are quite a few.  Just a thought, are you taking any other meds that could possibly be causing your problems.   Also maybe have a word with your Rheumatologist, sorry I can't be more helpful.

• Posted

Hello sukes.

Thanks for your reply. Now I've read it it's occurred to me 1 month ago I was put on different oral med to take also. Maybe that as you say. Could I suppose one drug not agreeing with the other. Shall have to have a word with rheumy when see him.

I hope things are going all well with you. Take care. Ian x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.