RA and Herpes Simplex

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody here experience the same thing as I am. I have joint pains in the fingers and knees most of the time. Especially in the morning. Then one day, I had an outbreak of sores on the lips (possibly herpes simplex, as my dermatologist suggested) and because of the outbreak, I feel no more joint pains! It is actually amazing. I remembered that RA is where your own immune system attacks the body causing joint pains. This gave me an idea that since I had an outbreak, my immune system became busy with a real threat rather than the body itself.

Right now my sores are healing, and the joint pains is starting to appear again. Does anybody here experienced the same thing?

This gave me an idea also that is the immune system is busy, there is no pain. Sooooo maybe if I get some flu vaccine, will it also keep my immune system busy doing what it should do rather than attack itself?

Thanks for hearing me out! cheesygrin

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wow, that's amazing.  I wonder if they've done research on that.  Not that I would want anyone to have to live through herpes to rid their joint pain.  I had cold sores as a child and I remember them being very very painful. 

I don't think the flu vaccine would cause the same reaction though, but if you try a flu vaccine let us know how your symptoms are.  Thanks.

• Posted

That is truly interesting! Have you shared this with those that research this sort of stuff? It might be a clue to a new healing!

Do let us know how your flu shot experiement works - assuming you try it.

• Posted

Not sure about that Ian.I've had severe sores on both upper and lower lips together and am now scarred but my RA pain remained and I have had flu and pneumonia jabs.
  • Posted

I get the fever blister every now and then on my lips. Fever blisters are a form of herpes, Although i don't think one has anything to do with the other. Fever blister usually come from your stomach being upset, and even your nerves can cause them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.