RA and tingling during flare

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am very recently diagnosed with RA and going through a flare at the moment. I have been getting some tingling in my legs and arms and wondering if this is normal during a flare?

Does anyone else get any nerve like symptoms?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz, when I start a flare, mine starts with the tingle in my knee & wrists. It's my warning of what's coming. Hope your flare subsides & you feel better.

• Posted

I am new too.  I am on Methotrexate taking 7 pills once a week  and Sulfasalzine 2 pills twice a day.  The last 2 weeks I have been having swelling in my fingers, wrist, knees, ankles with nerve tingling in my hands.  I don't understand why I am having this while on all this medication.  I have an appointment this coming week. Hope to get some answers.  

• Posted

Yes. Pins and needles/tingling/numbness were my first symptoms of RA. I was initially investigated for MS.
    • Posted

Are you on RA medication.  If so have you been without symptoms while on medication?  I thought the medication would keep this from happening. Didn't know I would still get flare ups.  

• Posted

I'm on hydroxychloroquine. The morning stiffness has almost completely gone but no, I am not symptom-free. 

The medication does take a while to work. I have only been on HCQ for five months. 

• Posted

Thanks for your responses everyone smile

I've just started methotrexate only this week so hopefully will have some relief in a few weeks !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.