RA- Has anyone used Epsom salt to relieve RA pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Just joined here.

I have RA  and I have used different kinds of drugs but still experiencing  a lot of pain.

Someone just sent me an email to use epsom salt.

Has anyone here ever tried it? If so, how were the results?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I tried it but it did nothing. Maybe five minues of relief.  But I didn't use it in a bath. That might give you ten minutes of relief.

Sorry, but these old remedies don't touch the RA agony we go through. Bad old painkillers do the trick!

• Posted

Hi I have RA and I am in pure agony the day my arms I can't move them hardly think I did to much yesterday in house and now am paying for it I couldn't even get dressed the day I had 2 naproxen the day but don't seem to ease the pain.
  • Posted

Epsom Salts is a very old remedy, and for some it works, but, for others no,, so the only thing to do is to try it yourself and see,
    • Posted

Yes. Give it a go. It's so cheap there's nothing to lose. And when I ws having flares, a hot bath did relieve the pain even when there were no epsom salts in it.
  • Posted

I think Epsom Salts are helpful for overall soreness, but anti-inflamitories help me more when I am in an RA flare. When I am hurting, soaking in hot water or even a hot shower is helpful. I use SalonPas patches, too, on the sore area at night. They have been helpful. I don't know if you have them in the UK.
    • Posted

Its been great taking NSAID (Anti Inflamatory Drugs) but taking it for a long duration may cause serious problems like nausea, weakness in muscles & improper digestion

My mother is suffered from RA for last 10 years so she has an experience of almost medicines

• Posted

If you are suggesting to use the Epsom Salts in your bath...then Yes, it is very good for relieving tired, sore muscles/joints......also Washing soda in bath...good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.