RA positive and PMR

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi All, I mentioned a while back about a 'new Pain' in only one leg. My GP said its because I'm showing RA positive in my blood that the pain is related to that in the cold and wet weather!! Mmmm mmmm do you think that could be right? I'm not due to see my rheumatologist until March and I'm wondering whether I should challenge my GP, anyone else on here with similar circumstances?

many thanks Andrea 😀

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ha ha ha, tipple - love that.  We just had our "thanksgiving" which this year I refused to do.  I just told everyone instead I am making a pot of chili, bought bread, had others bring salad, wine and my sons baked.  It was so easy peasy I loved it and it left me so much more time to visit with everyone.  Christmas my hubby and I just no longer "do" since the boys are in college.  Kind of makes us feel a tad smug or maybe bemused at how much goes on over that holiday. We make cookies for friends and family and that is that.  No fuss.  Love it.
    • Posted

Something I learned in Germany was that it wasn't the massive effort of all that cooking that mattered when friends were there for a meal - you know, how the cook spends all their time in the kitchen and is totally fed up and frazzled by the time everything is ready. As you say, it is the being together and being able to chat - so it was always a simple meal that could be prepared ahead and just transferred from the cooker to the table and served. Lasagne, chili, raclette or fondue if you wanted to be a bit different.

For anyone who doesn't know, raclette is melted cheese, originally done by setting a chunk of cheese in front of the fire until it started to melt and then you scraped the melted bit onto bread or baked potatoes. Every Alpine country claims they invented it!  Now you get tabletop devices - mine sits on the table most of the winter because all it needs is the sliced cheese and the "bits" that go with it to make an easy meal: ham, eggs, veggies, prawns, banana and you basically are making your own pizza toppings. Great for groups with veggies, fussy eaters and so on and very relaxed. 

• Posted

Love that idea with the melted cheese - I shall try it!  Sounds like fun too!

• Posted

I have a raclette grill thing gathering dust somewhere, I am not sure I am that fond of raclette cheese. I do love cheese fondu though and also have a fondu kit lying around also gathering dust. I remember in the seventies and eighties we used to have meat fondues too. They seem to have lost their popularity nowadays, perhaps because people kept knocking the boiling fat over themselves!
    • Posted

I remember fondue!  One of the things we did was use broth rather than hot fat.  In the end you had an even tastier broth which could be consuned or used later for soup.  Wish I'd rememnbered that before I decluttered the fondue pot out of my house last year....
    • Posted

consumed.  When are they going to let us correct our posts?! rolleyes
    • Posted

In the UK maybe - still very popular over here! Chinese fondue with stock is great and far lighter. Best I've had was in summer in Barbados! 

Doesn't have to be raclette cheese - in Germany we used most sorts as long as they melted well. Goats cheese is lovely, mozarella too.

• Posted

I agree Chinese type fondues are great and very tasty. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.