RA Related

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again

I was diagnosed today with achilles tendonitis in my right heel and a bakers cyst behind my left knee. I have been in a lot of pain lately but just put it down to RA. Are these things related to raise and will I need surgery at all?

💗

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Probably not surgery. Tendonitis usually requires rest, and bakers cysts don'

t rusually require surgery, fluid drainage and injection , maybe

• Posted

I cant give you much help on the cyst tbh but I do know the pain of tendinites in your heal. I was told surgery is a last option if treatment doesnt work just last week I went to rumtiolgy limping like I always do because of what I thought was my RA doctor examined my ancel and told me it was more likley tendinites wich is linked with RA. I was given an injection straight to the joint to try and treat and within two days im walking almost normally you shoud deffently ask about it I would deffently recomend it although I was told its not a long lasting pain relief just reduces the imflamation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.