Racing Heart

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone noticed any changes in their heart rate as a symptom? It’s been one of the main symptoms I’ve been struggling with and was just wondering if anyone has expoerienced anything similar. Definitely have palpitations as well. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had palpitations, and occasional higher heart rate.This has leveled out and is now normal. Having a blood pressure monitor ( wrist type) is a good way to keep track of this, my elderly other lives with me so we had one for her blood pressure and it also gives heart rate.
  • Posted

Hey Christina, 

I can definitely relate to the racing heart symptom. It was how my bout with mono basically got started. I was coming in to work one day after playing frisbee golf in the morning and it started racing and I felt all hot. I thought I was dehydrated or something. When it happened a few more times I went to an urgent care and they couldn’t find anything wrong with me. On one urgent care visit in November, they had me go to the er because they wanted a full look at my heart. I got a huge bill from all this. Got a chest x ray and was fitted with a holter device, this thing that monitors your heart rhythm continuously. I just got back the results today 2 months later and they said my heart ruthyms were all normal. For me, the racing heart out of nowhere hasn’t come back in over a month, but my body is still extra sensitive to stress and for instance my heart went racing a little this morning when I realized the cardiology called because I was anxious about what they would say.

So I would say it’s defintely something I’ve experienced and I guess it’s one way the body responds to this virus doing battle with it. Try to reduce stress as much as possible and don’t dwell on your heart. I made the mistake of checking my pulse obsessively a lot and I think it just put more strain on me. Relax and have faith these times will pass.

Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Yes! I've been told I've got mono and my heart rate is higher than usual, even just going for a gentle walk sends it skyrocketing. But my pulse was always fine before I was ill. This is a symptom that stresses me out as it's not written as a symptom on all the health websites. It's reassuring to hear other people are suffering with. 

• Posted

i had mono about a year ago and my heart was racing I'm guessing it was one of the side effects and my doctor sent me to a cardiologist and had the nuclear dye test and treadmill test and it was normal but to this day i still have a racing heart often and i also started taking lexapro recently it could be making it worse has anyone else dealt with this

• Posted

Yep i have it too.. does anyone else notice it in their throat too?? sometimes pulse feels really strong in my throat

• Posted

Yes, I had this. I would wake up at night because my heart was racing so severely. It lasted about 2 weeks for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.