Racing heart.... it’s scary idk what to do...

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I’ve always suffered from physical anxiety symptoms and th scariest one has to be the racing heart. Always feels like it’s beating fast or hard and I can clearly feel it... usually I’ll have a symptom or two that last days and even weeks and for the past almost five days , it has been this ... idk if it’s because I wake up thinking about it but it occurs almost all throughout the day even if I’m not feeling that anxious . I notice that it stays after a bad panic attack. I went to the clinic a week ago and I have the white coat syndrome so my bp skyrockets whenever I go and since then my head has been like that. I’ve had ekgs before and I’m told I’m healthy but why does this happen ?! I went shopping yesterday and right away my heart started pounding and it was so uclfmrotable and scary.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm the same all time just moving from my bed to loo n my heart pounds xx

• Posted

I'm.like this again, do you lose your appetite to eat as well? I can not eat at all. See I went through all this over 2 years ago, went on sertraline 50mg and got well came off the meds 3 months ago, was doing really fine, started partying too hard and drinking and I think I've ruined my self a gun, I'm so angry with my self it's awful. Should I go back to dr or just see how it goes.

I having had a good sleep for 3 days so maybe I need that?

What is opinions plz xxx

• Posted

I had these symptoms on a regular basis but I started sertraline 50mg about 8 weeks back and it has helped me greatly. I’m not 100% yet but well on my way. Point is have to considered an anti anxiety medicine? I think it may help you with your problems! Good luck
    • Posted

Typo, it was supposed to say have you considered not have to considered. I wish there was an edit feature on this site. Lol
  • Posted

Hey sweetheart, you are anxious. Do you mean when the beating heart comes on, you're not necessarily worried about anything? Sometimes it just a state of mind caused by prolonged or suppressed stress. It can happen for a reason equally so for no particular reason. I stopped trying to analyse that years ago. You had a panic attack when you were about to go shopping because you were worried that you would have a panic attack whilst you were out. Subconsciously you are working yourself up and these thoughts and the fear you hold onto is the trigger. If it is becoming too much, sounds as though it is. See the doctor honey. The sooner you get it sorted, the better. I really do hope you feel better soon. Donna xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.