Racing heart tight chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having a random racing heart and tight chest central and left neck jaw ear for a few weeks now. Does seem to be since having Covid. Gp suggested 24 hr ecg. Results were apparently showing a few fast rates and 2 st segment depressions and a lot of extra beats. Gp referred for advice to hospital but whilst waiting said he would prefer with my family history (mum and Uncle heart attacks under 60) and chest pain to refer me to rapid access chest pain clinic even without ecg result so they could determine if pain was from my heart, which he did. Told me not to run etc. Then I get a call a few days later from same gp he had heard from hospital who seem to say ecg OK I think but I did not really understand what he said. But he said I don't think the pain is from your heart. I asked if I was still being referred he said yes we will let that run but it might be rejected now due to cardiologist opinion on 24 hr ecg. I'm confused as he said he would prefer me to be seen irrelevant of ecg outcome due to chest pain. I felt like he didn't remember our last chat. Do you think because a cardiologist has looked at ecg he's now more confident? I'm worried about the chest pain and I told him. He said let's do bloods etc and then talk again. I've since had an appointment through for the chest pain clinic. Do you think I should still go, I feel I want this checking? Would you be confused? Anyone else had similar experience?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! Hope you are doing well. Whatever you do, do not miss your appointment with the cardiologist or the GP. It may be scary at times, it may be inconvenient sometimes, but do not take a risk with your heart health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.