Racing mind. Disconnected, not being present. Anxious, emotionless.

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been battling this for 3 years now prior to this i was a very fit and succesful man, i did use cocaine and steroids in my younger days but did not seem to effect my lifestyle , im 26 years old now the first 2 and a bit years was really intense disconnection, racing thoughts and a feeling of being stuck in my own head i could never be present within myself and feels like i am there but im not 'there' i would have periods of extreme highs and energy and i would be in the shower for example stairing at the wall so deep in my thoughts and scenarios i would almost forget where i was for a second,

i have had some periods( 3 months or so) where i feel completly present and in tune with my mind where i feel like i connect with people and have good energy, but the past 3 months has been so hard i feel like everything has intesified i feel like my energy and emotjons are all over the place i wake up extrmely down and anxious (thoughts about my parnter leaving me wich isnt true and nothing to go off, or just going to work n dreading it) i have woken up at 3 am and been so wired staring at the ceiling woth my mind feeling like its going so fast but i couldnt tell you what i was thinking of, i feel so disconnected from my self there is a feeling in my head i cant even describe but it is like i just cant feel and think clearly, racing mind (not of a percific thought just all over the place) i can be so anxious and down in the morning but i could be extremely energetic in the afternoon then back down again but the feeling in the mind never goes away,

i seeked proffesinal help they said they havent heard of anything with all these symptoms i am on sodium valproate 1000mg a day (been on for 2 week) i feel like it hasnt helped at all (early days i know) ive also taken 'valdoxan' it seem to make me feel better about a year and a half ago but i stopped for 6 months tried to take it 3 months ago but had to stop after a week because it made me extemely manic as they say

im just writing this to see if anyone has or is experincing this kind of thing and any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i understand everything you have just said, i suffer really bad health anxiety it started after my stepdad passed away unexpectedly 2 months ago, he died of a heart attack and even no were not blood related i was adamant i was going to have one, i started to get panic attacks and i felt like i was there with my family in body but i was looking through someone elses eyes if that makes sense, ive had loads of ecgs, 2 chest xray a chest scan, all fine, i went from thinking i had heart problems, then a brain tumor because my vison was blurry had a eye test was all fine, back to heart problems beCAUSE I started with achyness in my left arm which comes and goes, then i thought i had ms, the list goes on, ive just started counselling today, what your feeling is panic , and its normal to feel like that , your body goes into fight or flight mode which causes dizzy spells and feeling out of body on a way, hope your ok

• Posted

thanks @natalie23195 for the reply, i totally understand what you mean by looking through someone elses eyes, totally understand about the brain tumor ive had 2 ct scans beciase i was sure i had one from what i was feeling but nothing at all, i had a panic attack(first one that ive ever not been able to battle on my own) today wich made me feel like i lost concept with reality and thinking i was stuck in this mind set forever but luckily seeked help quick, i recently started theropy and they said bipolar but im not to sure and still working theough what it is and hoping to find the right medication, i hope your traveling ok and feeling better by each day!

• Posted

It seems like your experiencing withdrawals of what you used to take. Steroids and cocaine are extremely harmful to the mental health and physical wellbeing. Just stay away from them and find healthier alternatives that can help you put your mind at ease. Music does wonders for emotions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.