Racing pulse/palpitations in menopause

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi guys does anyone have palpitations and racing heart. it's been awfull I've been hospital before but it's been finebut I'm sure it's getting worse!!, my anxiety is awfull which don't help.. I'm so fed up with feeling like this. it really frightens me so much I'm actually getting really tearful x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi Kim. you're not alone. i don't know if you notice that it's worse in the morning coz for me, it is. on top of that, i get these dark thoughts and worries about everything. i do have anxiety issues to begin with so just imagine how bad it is for me. over time and through therapy, i have learned to deal with it. also, i did my homework. i do guided meditation focusing on gratitude. i exercise on a regular basis, try to eat healthy, take my vitamins B12, C. D3, magnesium, omega 3 and drink lots of water. i don't drink anything with caffein. and so far, i've been feeling a lot better. take care. we can do this!

• Posted

Thank you. it's such a worry I hate feeling like this. thanks for reply x

• Posted

yes i been dealing with this since my last cycle scares me too, ive had my heart checked two years ago was at dr yesterday tokd her about them she said my heart sounds fine wish it would stop

• Posted

I've been to the doctors and it doesn't happen in there typical lol always the way isn't it. I just worry all the time x

• Posted

ive had all these, seen a cardiologist and my heart is fine. i take citalopram for the anxiety and they have really helped.i have a new symptom of itchy skin but thats all to do with menopause as well

take care

eloise xx

• Posted

I take citalopram anyway but a low dose.itchy skin I have at night my hands and feet I drive hubby mad. i worry because my mum had heart problems and I always panic x

• Posted

tessa1967 has said just what i wanted to say. food, exercise and meditation does help. it does not have to be intense...just consistent! the first time my heart raced...i raced to emergency! but all tests were normal. once i realized it was a symptom of peri (on this board...which im ever so thankful for) , i felt a relief. the second time it happened, i just went out and got some fresh air and breathed deep for a while and stated calm. it usually lasts for about 5-10mins. i guess it peaked for 1 month and just decreased once i started making changes to my lifestyle. i could not even sit in a cinema theatre without feeling anxiety. but i wanted to conquer this feeling...so i did. its called desensitization. it might work for mild anxiety...not fr all kinds. not sure. btw, i have gone to the cinemas a 1000 times before peri! i also noticed that my anxiety occurred most when i had severe heart and stomach burns. so i believe that in some way, food is connected to mind. so eating healthy does help is some way.

so, i wd say ...just have faith...this too shall pass and all will be well once again. 😃 i am thankful that i cd manage to get thru this without medication. hope u too feel better soon. just dont be obssessed with the symptoms. face ur fears...there will better days ahead.

• Posted

Thank you.i literally hate this it takes over your life doesn't it. I tried patches but it made me worse so I stopped. so really don't want to take any thing for it really. I'm trying meditation classes which I really enjoy.. hope to feel better soon just have to ride with it 😀good to bear in not alone x

• Posted

hi kim - do you take magnesium? try taking 400 ml of magnesium anytime, but it might help you sleep at night. Magnesium is helpful in calming down the pounding heart. i take magnesium glycinol. unfortunately, these horrible symptoms are all part of this dreadful time. Try talking some chamomile tea & a epsom salt bath with lavendar, anything to calm your anxious body & mind - just breathe & know that this is temporary -

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.