Racing thoughts, feeling really negative and scared; I need support

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys,

It's 4:30 a.m where I live and I am at the point of hightened anxiety; I'm using my coping techniques the best I can to stave off the negative thoughts (and behaviors)

Can y'all give me other tips, quick wisdom, and coping techniques that work for you?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

calming music and shut off from the world.

i also take kalms to help with anxiety they might be worth a try if you can get them where you are?

What is making you feel negative and scared?

• Posted

Everything and anything, especially fear of harming myself or others; fear that I won't be able to confront and win over thoughts that I might not be good enough. . .

• Posted

I was at the hospital for it, got discharged. I was successful at remembering that those thoughts are intrusive. Have to attend group counseling and therapy, and see a psychiatrist.

Right now I just try to build my coping techniques toolkit

• Posted

Thats a positive step, you not on any meds?

I journal my thoughts which help me, wonder if you did that if it would help?

• Posted

I'm on Seroquel. I've wanted something for anxiety as well since to me it's in high anxiety/stress that things get bad, but my psychiatrist has assured me I only need the Seroquel.

• Posted

Oh, and I will definitely try journaling, though now I proceed safely about having anything written.
    • Posted

get your self a normal book and keep it with you, i have two one at home hidden away and the other in my handbag for on the go.

sometimes writing is hard so i doodle or draw pictures of how i see things and how i am feeling.

• Posted

Kalms can help with the anxiety and you can take them with other meds too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.