Racing Thoughts, Negative Thoughts, Horrible Images: Do theses symptoms apply to you?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hey Ladies,

Throughout my menopausal journey, I've had to face the MENTAL TORMENT of hormonal imbalance. It is absolutely horrific! Many days, I can't focus, can't concentrate, the tv watches me! I'm being brutally honest when I say this: Somedays, I feel like I should call the people on my DAMN self, so that they can wrap me up like a mummy and take me away to the asylum, asap! That said, have any of you lovely ladies experienced the mental aspects of menopause?

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

I've had pure ocd, intrusive thoughts really badly since being in peri. So I understand. I'm hoping once I get HRT stabilised it will eventually diminish x

• Edited

I have pure ocd also. Its always gotten bad during high hormonal times. After the birth of my last child it was bad. I had it at the start of peri, but once the anxiety calmed down some, it went away. My thoughts are very dark, and usually about the people I love. I find that if I don't let myself engage them, they go away. Remember they are just thoughts, not real.

• Edited

yes 24/7 xx

• Edited

Hey Toria..

My heart goes out to you; 24/7 is absolutely horrific! I have waves of the intrusive thoughts and images, and I try to push through them, yet it is VERY hard to do so.

• Edited

YES! It took me a long time to realize the brain fog was perimeno related.

It is so challenging to feel slow and uncoordinated when used to being sharp-minded before.

I don't feel like myself.

And worse, I feel like people think I'm slacking, not struggling.

I know there is hope, because when I skip several months' period in a row, I feel mostly like myself until the next one hits. Hard to find the energy to keep hopeful in the middle of the storm though.

• Edited

yes constantly fighting to not freak out as it feels like I'm on some bad drug mentally.

• Edited

Train yourself not go react to the thoughts, then they go away. It's our reactions that keep them strong. Just remember they are only thoughts, not real. I used to get them and I would have a sick feeling in my stomach that was a reaction, my mind thought oh this must be important, I need to keep thinking this. Just let them pass and don't give them any energy. Hope this helps. It helped me, but it takes time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.