Radial collateral ligament

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I fell down a flight of stairs 6 weeks ago. I broke a bone in my thumb and snapped the radial collateral ligament. Was in a pot for 5 and a half weeks. This was taken off last week and I've been put in a splint.

Just wondering if anyone has had this injury on here. I am still in agony. My thumb is very swollen and red. I went to hospital today to get it looked at, and was told it's all normal. I haven't had it x rayed since the initial time.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It's a painful injury. Both my thumbs have torn ligaments was in hand splints for nomes. Also wrists of a both. I fell of a horse. Years ago anf theory have develped arthritis

• Posted

i too hurt my thumb 5 months ago not broke but bent it back ? xrayed ,was ok ,im in so much pain i carnt make a fist and my fingers are like having pins n  throbs n stabbing on fire o so mest up the doc says nothing is found or wrong that he can see ..im at a loss too, lol i hope you get better soon ,best of hope for you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.