Radiation Therapy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I finished three weeks of radiation therapy for plantar fasciitis and my feet continue to burn even more lately and can't sleep. Anyone else going thru this and any suggestions you can provide?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon

I too suffer the terrible pain and burning i have done now for 11 months.  Have u tried intense physio and acupuncture i am having this at moment and i think it is helping although not curing it

Lesley

• Posted

Radiation Therapy for PF?  I never heard of that.  Google it - See what comes up.
  • Posted

Hi Sharon who suggested you do this?  I am a radiation therapist and cannot imagine even thinking about using this for PF.  There can be no good evidence for it as radiation only works on rapidly dividing cells and it will damage normal tissue and we now very rarely if ever use this to treat benign conditions.  I have suffered with PF for 18 months now and I would never dream of using this type of treatment.  Please use some of the methods on this site instead and I hope no one else goes down this route.
    • Posted

I have suffered with this for years, have done the PT, injections, ice, heat, orthodics, inserts, shoes. My foot dr recommended this since I also have neuropathy in my feet as well. So now the burning has subsided, feeling much better and has helped with the neuropathy as well. I was recommded by the cancer center which have done to about 30 patients with much success. They have been doing the procedure in Germany for years. Read up on it for youself. Sincerely

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.