Radiculopathy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear, 

My dad is having backbone problem from last 18 Years. 

this is his current MRI report from one month back. 

IMpression No1Fusion of C5 and C6 vertebral bodies with loss of intervening disc space

No2 Circumferential disc bulge with uncovertebral spurring at C4. -C5 with left paracentral disc bulge C6-C7 levels causing bilateral lateral recess narrowing and significant thecal sac cord and exiting nerve roots compression. Clinical correlation regarding multilevel cervical radiculopathy would be advisable

We don't know what to do. kindly tell us if this is treatable or fixable any how. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I know very little myself so possibly not too much help to you. I recently had an MRI and a surgeon has recommended surgery cervical decompression.. I think it is C6 - 7 from an injury but there is also degeneration of other discs and I have Osteo arthritis. I am 54 and have had a lot of pain for many years - not clear if all the pain I have had is related to this. I am planning on surgery in the hope I get relief- apparently this type of surgery has good outcomes in significant reduction of pain. interested to hear how your dad goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.