Radioactive Iodine Treatment

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you have had this radioactive iodine treatment and how it affected your thyroid and body in general? I was diagnosed with Graves in April of 2014 but was told this had been ongoing for at least a few years. I haven't recieved any form of treament.. I tried Tapazole and got all the side effects so my doctor said she didn't want to try any other kind of medication as my body seemed to be very sensitive, now she's telling me this iodine treatment is my only option. I'm nervous about it because I was told having this done may not even help with all my symptoms but will cause me to go from hyper to hypo.. it sounds odd but I'm just getting used to dealing with my body the way it is and am nervous about the changes and symptoms that would bring on. Any advice you guys have would be VERY helpful! Thank you thank you!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi jess.

i have just had rai  6 weeks ago. Sore throat for a day and felt tired for a couple. Just been back to the hospital for 6 week check and its worse than before. More hyper. Back on carbimazole and beta blockers.

• Posted

I hope its not to late to get this message but to whom ever before you take that nuclear pill take it really serious i wasnt explained to how serious it is when you take the pill and that once you take it you have to be put on a thyroid replacement pill right away and they have to monitor your blood levels to see where your thyroids are. I missed one doctors appointment because i had an emergenc! My primary care doctor didnt try to contact me and say hey ita very critical that i do another blood work on you and because of that this pill as ruined my healthi am so scared that this may try to cause another problem because it as baically killed my healthy cells in my body to help fight infectiions! Hopefully this could save someone life by reading this. My heath was way better than what it was before i took that pill! Now i have been close to God and hope that he heals me and keep me safe at this point i feel my body is not right anymore my human system is so weak and its doing something that i cant keep track of. Please take that nuclear pill serious whatever you do. I hope everything goes well God Bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.