Radiofrequency ablation with phlebectomies

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've recently paid a package price to have radiofrequency and phelebectomy on both legs. But it turns out I only had the radiofrequency on one leg and phelebectomy on both.. silly me signed the consent form and didn't realise until yesterday. I had my 6 week check up last week, there are still some small varicose veins on both legs that are bothering me cosmetically the consultant said they can be hooked out, but I will have to pay for this.. is that right? I can't see why I have got to pay again when this could have been seen to first time round.. any advice would be appreciated

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had this done and the only leg to be treated failed I got more veins and pain 18 mo later. Swelling around knee, I changed Doctor because I was treated very bad. I wanted the veins he made fixed and he said I would have to pay. I mentioned my swollen area next to my knee and the PA said "we don't do knees". First of all the doctor didn't do a dye test to look for blockage only ultra sound. I got two stents and they have made my daily life miserable, cramping, back pain, lower left pain. I am going to sue because I found out it's only been 4 years since veins have been implanted with alloy stents. I didn't need them but without them Medicare would not have paid, so he was doing this for his benefit not mine. I didn't have varicose veins, just one small one starting to pop thru on my shin. It could of been treated with laser. Now I have to live with the worry of metal in my belly, and lifestyle changes like exercise and limited sex, all of which he never informed me of.

• Posted

You must have registered your name either your phone number or mandatory things which are already recorded in their directory. You are already their patient. You need not to pay again. You need to get free treatment from them. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.