Radiofrequency Anlation....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone tried it and does it work???

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Radiofrequency Ablation that is!!
  • Posted

YES! It was the best thing for me. No residual numbness. I have been pain-free for over a year. I had 2 gamma knife procedures and they didn't work. I still take my meds  (Cymbalta and Gralise/Gabapentin ), but I can eat, drink , and brush my teeth...oh, and kiss my husbandsmile!!!

A pain doc explained that I had PTSD from TN pain. I still relive the horror every time I sit down to a meal, brush my teeth, drink from a water bottle, etc. 

Find a good neurosurgeon, discuss your fears, and take the plunge!!! 

Good luck!!!

• Posted

Thank you SOOO much! That gives me hope! I am actually on my way for an MRI and Neuro Surgeon appt for noon today. Im so glad you are doing better.
    • Posted

You won't be sorry. As long as he is conservative it should be fine. 

Good luck!!!!

• Posted

Thanks Caroline! He explained everything to me and had me sign all of the consent forms. He's going to confer with his other two doctors and they will study the MRI to see if I'm a candidate. They just want to make sure since my case is so different. Whatever they decide if they can make this pain go away I know that I will never take advantage of being pain free EVER again. 🙄😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.