Radiologists and MRI I need some answers please

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a fairly general questions, anyone that has any answers please help, having a lot of anxiety.  I had a thoracic spine MRI done two weeks ago.  They found an "incidental findings" of small cyst on the tail of my pancreas.  My doc said he felt it was a benign very common cyst. Yesterday I went for another MRI with and without contrast to see the cyst better in case it should be removed.  My question, if a radiologist sees something bad ie: cancer, tumor something really bad to they call the referring doctor and rush over the report? or how is this handled? What are the procedures after MRI? I am going crazy please help.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer 

I am pretty sure if anything worrying is found on the scan you hear asap.. I had a recent brain MRI and was googling the exact same thing as came along something on a cancer reasearch forum saying they had the MRI Saturday and was phoned Monday to come in the next day. I hope this has put your mind at rest. They will act if they think something is wrong. Good luck x 

• Posted

Oh honey I don’t know I hope some one has the answer for you good luck xx
  • Posted

Have you tried searching on the NHS website? I'm not sure if you will find an answer but, if you don't, you could always ask/email them. Failing that, try asking your local GP, they may know more.

Hope you find out, lots of luck🍀.

• Posted

Probably like most things everyone's very important to them files are left in a corridor untill the nurses have stopped gabbling about celebrity big brother and then if they don't lose your files they will saunter slowly down a. Corridor and hand over the report which holds your life in the balance. After all they see hundreds of people every week who's test results are of the upmost importance and consequence. They can go around in a panic rushing down corridors just for your results. They will have a days scans to go through there will be a priority system for who gets dealt with first and they will follow their procedure as usual. Stressing out won't change the results and if anything it will only make everything worse so sont stress. Many people die on waiting lists for scans so just cout yourself lucky you got one for a cyst some other poor b*****d is still waiting for his ad will die from his pancrease cancer before his file ends up on anyone's desk but the coroners! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.