rage!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all ♥

By now some of you will know that I love mirt. but alas although it instantly lifted my depression and made me feel alive, I am now experiencing sporadic full blown rages! I have never in my 55 years been an angry person in fact I am too placid most of the time. I have now had 5 rages since being on mirth for four weeks, today I was practically ejected from my chemist because of my behaviour. All because they couldn't find my prescription! I contacted my doctor and said my rage frightens me, I even cry angry tears after each incident. I have now been told to stop taking mirtazipine with immediate effect! Alas start valafaxine (spelt wrong) tomorrow! No tapering...just stop!

Cannot believe my luck. Did anyone here experience unnatural rages?

Thanks all ♥

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree with those that say it is more likely due to the withdrawal from citalopram, than the mirt. Though rage is a very rare side effect of mirtazapine. I am so sorry if you have to come off it when it seemed to suit you so well. But I think your doctor has been very hasty.
    • Posted

Hi evergreen

Thank you for responding ♥ it was a locum doctor that told me to stop. But i have now made an appointment with my own doctor. In the meantime i am going to continue with my beloved mirtazipine

• Posted

Sorry pushed send by mistake! I feel me on mirt it was such the rage that was bothering me. Now I do think it's wd from cit. Very worrying how docs can just tell you to stop and take something else...All done over a rushed phone call!

Thanks again evergreen xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.