Rain & Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today was rain and pain (low energy too).

Btw we can attach pics, so here is my bionic ankle:

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Is that a bimalleolar fracture? 

• Posted

Nope. I won the broken ankle lottery . It is a trimallelor fracture! You know it’s bad when the orthopedic surgeon looks at the X-ray and winces. 
  • Posted

Hey Missy,

I have a trimalleolar fracture too. The rain really makes my ankle stiffen up. I broke my ankle in April and still in quite a bit of pain if I stand or walk on it for more than a few hours. I've run out of physio appointments and having a hard time motivating myself to keep up with my exercises at home some days.  Are you out of the cast yet? 

• Posted

I am still in my cast. I've been unable to get my foot into that damn 90 degree angle. It f'ing hurts really bad! So they will try again this Friday. My surgery was August 16, 2018. 

• Posted

Hi, mine was the same facture, it happened in March. I can walk a lot but the pain still comes back, although not every day. When it does, I start limping, my good leg knee starts hurting etc. And yes, the rain and the cold make it ache. I was told that I should be prepared for more pain and discomfort when the winter sets in....
  • Posted

14 weeks since ORIF, plate and 7 screws. I am in NJ, all we have been seeing is rain. I definitely feel more stiff and more discomfort since the weather has been crappy. Limping comes and goes throughout the day based on pain. I had no idea that it gets worse in the winter, yay us, lol!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.