Raised ALP levels

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am asking on behalf of my son. He is 20 and doesn't drink or smoke or take any medication of any sort. He originally had a routine blood test for breathlessness in April. He had to repeat the test 2weeks later due to something indicating a problem with his bones. He was called in to discuss his test which came back high again, but slightly lower. He was told to have another blood test 3 months later as it was possible the abnormality was due to him maybe continuing to

grow. He had the 3rd blood test which showed ALP of 205. He now needs to have a liver scan and has also had six vials of blood taken today for testing. I am really worried about him. Does anyone know what this could be. He is otherwise well in himself with no symptoms.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

when you say bones was it calcium , vit d? test
    • Posted

my son had a vit d def. and also a b12 def and folate did they check his x
    • Posted

They haven't said b12 or folate, so I don't know if they have or not. The doctor asked if anyone had diabetes -my brother was recently diagnosed with type 2, but she said my son's blood test didn't show signs of diabetes in April. Did your son have to have a liver scan?

• Posted

Hi is your son very active is gym or running or cycling
    • Posted

Not as much as he used to. He is active, but doesn't play sport as much as he used to, as he doesn't have time.

• Posted

Just wondered as alp raised can be many things, is this the only liver enzyme raised and has his breathlessness gone
    • Posted

Yes I think this is the only one raised. His breathlessness has improved, but his alp has risen to higher than the first reading. It dipped a little on his second test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.