Raised Anxiety , giving up smoking. Please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been smoking a nicotine containing E/Cig for about 4 years , I have quit now this is my 4th day , I feel like my anxiety has gone through the roof again , my whole inside feels shaky, my muscles are aching I am having serious pins and needles at night and I feel like I'm waiting for the onset of a heart attack.

I'm trying to get myself to work but I'm really struggling at this he moment .

Are these feelings normal with nicotine withdrawal or have I got something serious wrong with me !!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

All the symtoms your describing sound like typical Anxiety. If your in Fear or Doubt Schedule a doctors appointment but It's most likely nothing serious and might be a withdrawal.

• Posted

I agee it is definitely due to withdrawal from nicotine. xx
  • Posted

Hi These are all withdrawal signs and symptoms due to withdrawal from nicotine.

Nicotine is more addictive than heroin!! Try not to worry.

• Posted

I know. I have never smoked but have known plenty of people whosuccessfully stopped and saved a small fortune. Have you tried hypnotherapy to assist in smoking cessation? Don't know much about it but if it helps then  - why not?

• Posted

Nicotine withdrawal alone can add these feelings, even of panic.. Now you add nicotine withdrawal to someone who already has anxiety, and it'll be worse.. You're in for probably a rough 10 days, after that it'll start slowing down. You smoke ecigs though, don't they have different nicotine levels? Its great you're quitting, but if it gets unbearable, maybe get a majorly reduced nicotine amount just to kind of ween yourself off instead of quitting cold Turkey? You should be able to handle it though, keep your mouth busy. Suckers, gum, also keep your mind busy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.