Raised ca 125 levels??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,I've just been told my ca125 levels are high, doctors said it can be a ovarian cyst, ovarian cancer or could just be because I've got RA, have and other ladies had this and it's just been down to arthritis???

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Debbie

Who gave you the result ? Did they tell you the number of your level. My MIL had ovarian cancer but if number stayed below 47(I think) then no active treatment.

I hope the person who gave you the result was qualified to offer that opinion.

I would ask for clarification promptly as I am sure your really worried X

• Posted

Hi, it was my gp, gave me the results today.. They at at 45... I'd never heard of this test before so just sat there dumbstruck as he told me

• Posted

I kept getting cysts in my womb and had to have hysterectomy as they could have turned cancerous. I was told it could have been caused by my cancer drug tamoxifen but I think RA drugs have a lot to answer for to.
    • Posted

They do, I'm on methotrexate and gollimad, (Simponi), I've been dreading the day they tell me I might have got cancer because of these drugs, but without the drugs o can't even move

• Posted

I know. But that's it ... No choice. I was offered biological drugs for my RA and some of the drugs offered warned that people who had had cancer should not use them. I think that speaks volumes. I know that in my desperation to ease my pain I am putting myself at risk with other nasty illnesses. Its still early days with all these drugs and we don't know long term dangers.

• Posted

I'm just about to be taken off gollimad because it's affected my liver, I'm just waiting to try a new biological, but it's so scary putting all these drugs in your body... X

• Posted

You must be in the States as I have never heard of gollimad! Do you know methotrexate? That's what I am on and liver function needs careful monitoring.

• Posted

No I'm in the UK, I've been on it 2 years. U have to go through a screening process to get on biological drugs, and tried things like methotrexate, I take methotrexate as well, but most the drugs I tried never worked... They think it's the methotrexate that's ruining my liver

• Posted

Yes I am on bio. Rituximab. Where are you in UK? That is a new name of a drug to me. I am still on methotrexate maximum dose injections but it doesn't work so I got bios. It was tough waiting for funding decision.

• Posted

I'm in Portsmouth... When I started gollimad two years ago it had only been out 3 years, so it's quite new

• Posted

Here lies the problem, whatever we do we are screwed.  I'm on methotrexate plus remacade and without the remacade I can't move.  So do we go for quality life for now and maybe get cancer down the road or do we suffer excruciating pain and live longer?  I don't know what the answer is.  I'm fortunate that the metho doesn't have side effects for me like others but still, you know if is hurting your liver.

• Posted

Yes I have had this discussion with a lady who has been on rituximab for 4 years and was advising me about it. She said it had given her her life back and she can enjoy her grandchildren. She said she lives for today and to hell with the future. I think we are of the same mind. X
    • Posted

I felt the same way, worry about today, not what's in the future, I always said the benefits outway everything else... Until now...but hopefully it's not cancer and it's something that's easy fixed

• Posted

I am very sure you are OK. Don't worry. I know it hard not to but the odds are more likely to be that its something less scary. X

• Posted

That's the thing, after seeing my nana die from arthritis when I was 15, I swore when I was 26 and got it that I would take anything not to land up like she was... Couldn't walk for nearly 15 years, she was all twisted and deformed.... But it's surprising how little information I've been given about all these drugs in the past.. Just normally get given a leaflet and sent home to read it... And they don't tell you very much really

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.