Raised crp level in blood

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone with active symptoms get a low ish crp level? Mine was 107 before humira. Now 12 or 13. But they say I'm in remission. Yet I'm still getting pain.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My Crp level is normal but I am n significant pain.
    • Posted

I feel a whole lot better with humira they say i am in or will be soon remission but i still have pain doctor says it cpuld be the scar tissue bidding
  • Posted

Hi Laura. I am currently having a colitis flare with another colonoscopy going to happen soon as my stool calprotectin level came out high for inflammation. The two diseases come under the same umbrella of inflammatory bowel disease as you probably know. my crp blood level is normal (tested same time as stool). Do they test your stool with crohns for calprotectin? (It tests for a protein in the stool that comes out high when there is active inflammation). In the back of mind, I am a little worried there may be crohns going on rather than colitis as I have only had the tiniest bit of fresh blood once or twice during this flare, which is unusual, as with colitis you usually get regular bleeding from bowels (but with crohns bleeding is far less common). I am in almost constant pain. will have to put it to back of my mind until colonoscopy done. Hope the bit about calprotectin/crp helps you a bit. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.