Raised ferritin

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone

i finally had bloodtest and my ferritin is 115 they are arranging two v-sections to be done, but my consultant wants my levels below 50, surley it should be more v-sections then two to get levels below 50. i phoned the nurse to double check and she said having two would fetch it down to below 50, i found out that it drops by 25 each v-section if thats the case it will leave me at 65 and my consultant likes it in its 30s

allycat

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It can vary this is why they should have a model based on your past so they can see how much you tend to give up it might just be a single chart on your doctors screen.

Their is no proper studies which shows that being at 50 or 65 makes any difference and some people will even say they feel better over 50 others better under so it needs to be about you not what a text book states hopefully your medical professional is like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.