Raised ferritin for past 12 months

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, new to this forum, 12 months ago I went in for a check up/blood test for fatigue and weight loss. The only abnormal results were my Iron studies and low Potassium. Ferritin was 450 and saturation 48%. I was tested for Hemachromatosis mutation which returned a negative result. Since then I've had 5 more tests with ferritin over 370 and no higher than the 450, saturation staying around 42-48%. I was referred to a hematologist who said to keep having repeat tests. It's been a year now and nothing has changed. The gp keeps brushing it off as inflammation in the body. 12 months of inflammation doesn't sound right or healthy ????

Does anyone have any knowledge of high ferritin over a prolonged period not related to HH. I feel as I'm getting no where and continue to feel unwell and losing weight.

Blood cancer in my Auntie is the only malignancy in both sides of the family.

Male, 28 years of age.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.