Raised liver function , scan on liver

Posted , 9 users are following.

i had blood test on my liver which shower slightly raised liver function .i have posted here a few times due to my anxiety. my anxiety was good for a week or so , now it is back again as I am going for a scan on my liver next week due to suspected fatty liver from blood results I had before Christmas

my liver function was slightly raised over 2 months (it hadn't gone up just stayed the same )

my big fear is lyphoma , my anxiety gives me ppts of these symptoms

when I was googling last night (I know i shouldn't be ) I came across a post where a lady was diagnosed with lyphoma and her liver function blood tests were high (as well as other thing being high ) and now I am freaking out again

would my lover function have gone up with the 2 tests I had a month apart ??

I also have chest pain , I've read on google once again that lyphoma can cause chest problems like breathing and coughing , I dont have this but I do have a weird feeling in my chest. I know it's probably my anxiety but I always put 2 and 2 together.

am I being over dramatic as usual ?? anyone had slightly raised liver?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi christine l wouldnt worry too much until you have had tests done liver results can fluctuate from time to time. l have PBC which was picked up by a blood test my liver results were going up and up. fatty liver can cause your results to be out of range, which results are high three liver results for me were out of range. pbc is very rare so dont worry, l also have other autoimmune things going on

• Posted

mine was also slightly raised then i repeated it in a month and it was normal

• Posted

hi wonderwall..i saw your post 2 years ago regarding the inner vibrations and tremors...how are you doing now..does it go away? because i have it too..its been 4 months 24/7 everyday...pls reply me..i need answers..thanks

• Posted

yes i have just been tested abnormal liver function got to have another blood test and then a scan its so painful and i have lost a stone and a half through dieting but that doesnnt stop the pain just want to find out whats going on

• Posted

If it's any consolation I am going through this as well. I do not drink or do drugs. I changed my eating out of fear of fatty liver. My ultrasound was clear. But, over the past few months my liver enzymes have ranged from 100 - 298 ALT 100 - 200 AST. I don't have symptoms. I feel great much of the time. I do believe the health anxiety gets to me sometimes and I think I am going to die. I suffer aches on my right side under my ribs that I can't tell if its real. I am going to my gastro in 2 weeks. Hang in there. I had gallbladder removed 5 years ago and am fairly thin with some fat around my stomach I am working to lose.

• Posted

I'm having a same problem last December I had my gallbladder out and then I had blood work done in July for aches and pains and everything was normal but my alt that was slightly elevated 48 I just had my yearly physical and now it's up to 70 I don't know what could be causing this but it's scary.

• Posted

I was eventually told it was due tk my pregnancy! although I had no problems during pregnancy, was a healthy weight etc, apparently pregnancy cause caused raised liver enzymes!

I hope you get to the bottom of yours:)

• Posted

Thank you. Im 49 hysterectomy and gallbladder removal fall of 2019. I need to lose weight.I hope its nothing serious ugh

• Posted

before they found it out it was due pregnancy, they told me it may have been due to fatty liver. so it could be that. (not always to do with weight either, just having a poor diet etc)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.