Raised red itchy bumps form leathery itchy patches that last for months

Posted , 2 users are following.

30 yo male

Condition for approximately 9 months

Raised red bumps began to appear on my forearms, elbows and inside of calves after using an electric shaver to trim hair about 9 months ago (I have done this for years with no issue). They were extremely itchy, especially at night. After a couple of weeks of intense itching, some of these bumps sort of combined at three locations forming three large patches (up to 3cm x 2cm) on the inside of both calves and on my forearm. It is worth noting that this did not happen at the location of all bumps as some just disappeared after a week or two.

I saw a doctor and we ruled out clothing/irritants/etc. What was noted was moving to a new home and the introduction of a neighbourhood cat that kept coming around. I was given steroid cream by the doctor and applied it but I really don't think it helped. I also had pest control out to the house and they did their work.

After 2 months, the patches just suddenly disappeared over a couple of days leaving slightly discoloured skin. Since then, I have not shaved down to the skin with an electric shaver however this issue has returned a few times in roughly the same areas (Inside of calves, back of elbow, wrist/forearm). Again it was the same story. Small red bump or bumps form a large patch over the course of a few weeks. Extremely itchy. Lasts a couple of months. Disappears suddenly. Slight skin discolouration.

It is now happening again for the third cycle and I'm not too sure what to do. I don't think it could be cat related considering this only happens in the same areas but could be wrong. I have linked an image compilation for clarity. Any help would be appreciated here.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I experience just the same three cycles of rash on elbows and back of the knees, sometimes it itchy sometimes it not and do see discoloration. Especially on hot temperature there is a discoloration. Also i experienced recent the three cycles with hive skin color blistereds no more than 5 and somehow they join together over tme. If you happen to know. Let me know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.