Raised white blood cells and neutrophils

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a full blood count as part of my diabetic review and the results have shown white blood cells 13.9 and neutrophils 9.3, I'm waiting for a call from a doctor but my anxiety is telling me I probably have all kinds of horrible diseases. Are these numbers very high or maybe nothing to worry about?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have u recently had some sort of infection or change in meds? I'm not a diabetic but my WBC generally increase when my body is fighting something off.

• Posted

I haven't, but I have been suffering a lot with anxiety and I've read that WBC can increase with stress, maybe it's that?

• Edited

I wouldn't imagine they would be off the charts if it were stress but an increase could be possible if it were just a little. Do u happen to have the ranges for ur labs and where u fall in or beyond the range? Or a previous result for bloodwork. Sometimes the ranges u fall in might be your normal if that makes sense. A lot of times we freak out when we're out of range in different categories. To put ur mind at ease see if ur doc can run another test or u can ask the lab how much it costs out of pocket. What was their impression? Where I live it's around $10-12 to run it without insurance.

• Posted

I'm in the UK so not sure if measurements are the same as in the US, but my WBC was 13.9 and it says normal range is 4.0 - 11.0, and neutrophils are 9.3 and says normal range is 2.0 - 7.5, so I don't think mine are hugely raised? I haven't heard anything from my doctor yet about it yet.

• Posted

I don't think u should worry about it unless ur doctor brings it up. If he was he'd be phoning u, or at least he should be. You can always call their office and ask for clarification to ease ur mind. I'm out of range in a few things myself but I've learned and been told by docs that it's just my normal.

• Posted

My normal WBC is usually 3.5-3.8 and that's way down from even the upper range. I think u should be fine.

• Posted

my white blood count was high stressed and was thinking all sorts had a repeat bloods done came back satisfactory

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.