Ramapril

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have just started getting joint pain and insomnia and am on 2.5 Ramapril. Been on them for 3 years but these are new side effects. I have just been told that it depends on which chemist you get them from.

Anybody had this experience?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's not the Chemist so much as the brand of Ramipril. I was OK (apart from the joint pain!) until the Chemist was sent a cheaper brand.I suddenly developed an awful dry cough. My chemist now gets the other brand in batches just for me. Still hate taking the stuff!

• Posted

Hi Heather

Didn't realise there were diferent brands of Ramipril, but I came off mine completely because of the feet and leg pain.

• Posted

It's the same active ingredient, but with different fillers and it's the fillers that seem to cause the problems (most of the time!) It's the same with a lot of meds AND cheap supplements.

• Posted

its disgraceful what they put in these mess. I'm left with no blood pressure mess as I couldn't get an appointment with a Doctor for 5 weeks, so they said they would get him to phone me 5 days after speaking to the receptionist, the doc didn't phone, he could have at least written me another prescription, but didn't do it, I had to come off the Ramipril as it was practically making me a cripple. 😔

• Posted

Should say meds, not mess lol 😁

• Posted

That's awful. I must say my GP is excellent at getting back to me or speaking to me when I phone. He is phoning me this morning to see if I can get a new prescription. I will keep you informed. Hope you get well soon 🙂

• Posted

Lol, you must be in a good part, it's murder getting apps in Stevenston. 😁

• Posted

Sorry to hear that 😳, that's sometimes a heriditary related disease, anyone in your family got it? Doc could be wrong though, their often wrong with diagnosis. Hope you will be ok. 😉

• Posted

Nobody in the family has had that. Had to go on the BP tablets after my Mother died and when I googled fibromyalgia it says it can be brought on after the death of a loved one!
    • Posted

That's just shorthand for 'we haven't got a clue'. It means they can tell you what is NOT wrong, but don't know what is.

Blood tests show I HAVEN'T got MS, Lupus, RA etc etc but no nearer knowing WHY my 'frozen shoulder' has now reached the elbow of the other arm and my right foot.rolleyes So it MUST be Fibromyalgia, right?

• Posted

72097.."it depends on what chemist you get them from"...It's not the chemist...

it's the generic or brand name. Did you know there's a difference between Apo and Novo? The ingredients are so very slightly different that one might not know the difference, but sometimes the size of the tablet is a giveaway. 

You have developed joint pain & insomnia..I would think if this were a side effect of the Rampiril, it would have appeared before now. I would suggest you consult your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.