Ramipril - 10mg a day (feeling drained)

Posted , 1 user is following.

[color=darkblue:96256c9f87][/color:96256c9f87] I have been taking Ramipril now for about a month as I was due to have surgery and my blood pressure was extremely high. The Dr put me on a dose of 5mg for 5 days and then increased it to 10mg at night. I now feel so drained...completely washed out...I'm not sure if this is one of the side effects? I also take Pizotifen for anti-migraine so haven't been suffering as such with any more headaches than I normally have..that said I have also been taking painkillers after an eye operation so this may have counteracted any headaches..

It's the washed out feeling that is getting me down..I just feel constantly tired...can anyone else tell me if this is a normal side effect?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been on this medication now for over 2 months without any side effects apart from feeling drained in the afternoons , My consultant just put me on beta blockers as well this apparently counter acts that particular side effect but may take a few weeks to balance out .

You must also be sure to have the 2 week blood test ( two weeks after starting on Ramipril ) to check your liver and kidneys are coping with the drug .

But as others on here have said i would rather cope with the tiredness than be dead .

Good Luck .

• Posted

Yes this is re assuring [/i], I have the same tiredness, I shall b going back to my gp as it is affecting my quality of life, thanks for your post.

[quote:b0cfd7c93c=\"Tangram\"]I have been on this medication now for over 2 months without any side effects apart from feeling drained in the afternoons , My consultant just put me on beta blockers as well this apparently counter acts that particular side effect but may take a few weeks to balance out .

You must also be sure to have the 2 week blood test ( two weeks after starting on Ramipril ) to check your liver and kidneys are coping with the drug .

But as others on here have said i would rather cope with the tiredness than be dead .

Good Luck .[/quote:b0cfd7c93c][i]

• Posted

Hi there, I hope that your blood pressure is being adequately controlled. If you are still taking pizotifen, the effects of alcohol are enhanced with this drug, which may make you feel washed out.
  • Posted

smile Been taking Ramipril for 2 years, run 25 miles a week, walk the dog everyday BP 130/85, cut dose to every other day. Going to see GP as my legs ache a bit but not sure if this is down to training.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.