Ramipril

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have been taking Ramiprol 5mg for 3yrs and have been fine.  Recently had the dose upped to 10mg and can't keep awake.  Well -not quite true but am sleeping  much more than normal - dozing off during the afternoons as well as sleeping about 10 hours at night and feel quite floaty.  Has anyone else suffered similar side effects?   Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This was exactly how I felt whilst taking it as well was having cramping pains in my legs during the night always wanting to sleep and feeling so low on energy. I took myself to the docs and told them I didn't want them anymore. I was put on them.in the first place for high blood pressure i know have a different type of drug which I do not have any issues with anymore and even after stopping rampril I began to notice a difference within days of stopping. Nasty horrible things.. the doctor tried to convince me it wasn't them but when I refused to take them they had no choice but to change my proscription

X

• Posted

I've not had my dose increased (I'm still on 5mg) but last time I got my prescription I was given a different brand (brown and burk) - not my usual Teva. Since then I've felt really drowsy with heavy eyes in the moring and sleeping longer.  I thought it must be something else but I'm thinking this change in brand could be the reason - no idea why that could be the cause but can't think of anything else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.