Ramipril

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi - just joined today after searching for side effects of Ramipril.

I have got to the stage where I probably need councilling for constant anxiety over symptoms that I have had for months.  I am also on a low dose of citalpram for anxiety.   My anxiosness is caused by fear of something seriously wrong with me and I think it could all be down to medication.  I get indigestion almost every day. I have been on ramipril for a few years but my dose has been reduced to 2.5mg.   DOes anyone have any experience of  these symptoms and is there an alternatove to Ramipril?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Robert, So sorry to hear that you are suffering anxiety which you believe may be attributed to the Ramipril. I have not suffered anxiety from taking Ramipril but have had other side effects. I know there are many alternatives to Ramipril (aparently it is one of the cheapest bp drugs) so you should go back to your GP and ask to be put on some other type of bp drug. Do not carry on suffering, I am sure your GP will be more than happy to suggest an alternative.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi Robert yes I have severe bouts of Anxiety and feelings of impending doom as though I'm not in control of my thoughts and feelings only dark ones if that makes any sense . I feel as though I've lost interest in anything I used to love to knit and sew but now it's even too much trouble to think about it . I feel tired lethargic almost zombie like it's like my mind belongs to someone else ??? I feel like I'm losing control . I'm on these horrid pills 10mg once a day I was on Amlodopine God and they're as bad it's like being up with the fairies. I tried to tell my GP but it took an awful lot of hard work to get him to prescribe something else . And when he did he gave me the same thing in Rampiril. I dread going back to ask for something else after the way he was with me last time you'd think I was asking for him to pay for them himself. I live in a little village with 2 GPs and they're both as bad as each other so if I complain I risk them striking me off their list and it's so far away to the nearest surgery then . I also get trouble with cough due to phlegm from sinuses   . I've tried beetroot capsules too no avail I'm 63 . It would be interesting to see if anyone else is having the same problems with anxiety etc . Sue 

• Posted

Hi Robert

I don't think anyone should take Ramipril, the side effects are disgusting. I nearly lost my ability to walk while taking them, I was in excruciating pain from morning to night in my legs, my veins felt like they were going to burst. I came off them after 2 years of taking them, I still get some heartburn, sometimes indigestion, but that's because my diet is often quite acidic. I don't take any pills now and I can manage reasonably well. You could try a more Alkaline diet and take a probiotic supplement, that will help you immensely. 👌😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.