Ramipril

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been in Bed for the past two days with dizzy spells, heaviness in my head and nausea.

I attributed this to a reaction to an increased dosage of Ramipril

Is any one experiencing the same or similar symptoms at the moment.

Let us chat and compare symptoms and coping mechanisns

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Might just be to do with the heat as well or your medication has lowered your bp so much that you are experiencing symptoms associated with low bp. Worth getting it checked out with your GP or give 111 a call and see what they advise.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi, I posted on the other thread of yours About dizziness. I was prescribed Ramipril 5 mg ten years ago for high blood pressure, it was increased to 10 mg five years ago which I believe is the maximum dose. For a while I had the "Ramipril cough" which eventually disappeared. I suffer occasionally from the dizzy spells but I have learned to accept this. I cope by telling myself that at 67 years of age it's the Ramipril ( plus statins) that have stopped me having a heart attack by reducing inflammation in my arteries.  My Brothers have had heart attacks in their 40s.

Give your body a chance to adjust to the increased dosage before you make a decision.

best wishes, Peter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.