ramipril and tiredness

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on ramipril for 2 months.  Have the cough.  Had increase in migraines but that seems to have eased.  But I feel unbelievably and inexplicably tired.  I can hardly keep my eyes open, even while on holiday and having a quiet, relaxing time.  Anyone else get this side effect?  Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Know the feeling for 2 years although been trying to identify what drug may have been causing, now off 2 other meds and just leaving the Ramipril I am changing back to my original BP Lisinopril which memory serves me was all fine, so time will tell for me, and I hope you find another to try.
    • Posted

How are you feeling now Ken? I'm shocked and pleased that this may be the answer to my fatigue.

• Posted

Hello,

I think this blog has saved me. I have been on this tablet for a few months noiw. Have had a dry cough for several weeks now gone. But now have this awful tiredness. I think I've found the answer.

• Posted

Yes I think this is me. For the last 6 weeks the tiredness is tedious and I'm desperate for answers. I'm truly grateful to have read this. I visit the doctor this week for results of bloods. Have felt so awful I requested an antidepressant which I'm now taking. So I will post back my findings and let you know.

Regards and many thanks.

• Posted

Had a Cardioversion 2 weeks ago for AF and since then, the GP reduced Bisoprolol to 5mg & on Apixaban then started me on Ramipril now feeling extremely tired,  cannot focus awful headaches pain and then become nauseas only been on a week!!! Breathless too at times totally fed up...

• Posted

HI Suzy

I was on Ramipril for about a year. I developed the well documented cough, which I had for weeks on end. It finally stopped but the inex plicable tiredness started. I read someone else on this blog had the tiredness. I took myself off the medication and doc said my blood pressure was fine. I've decided to take matters into my own hands and use hawthorne leaves and berries. I make tea and blend the leaves. I drive just the tea and the tiny leaves. 3 times a day BP is fine.

You need to go back to youreality GP and say the tablet is not suiting you. My friend takes Alodo pine

Your heart does not sound too healthy. But if meds don'the agree with you. Report and change them

Regards

Helen.

• Posted

I have posted about the awful cough symptoms I've had but I've also felt extremely tired.  I thought it was down to not sleeping because of the cough but perhaps not.  I've never needed so many naps!

• Posted

Yes it's down to the pesky tab. I had a holiday in this country for a few days before coming off it. Hoping tge change of air would help. I knap pedal on the train down and felt sleepy over the few days there. So come off the stuFflint and try a better treatment. My friend suggested they are cheap!!

Best of luck

Keep me updated.

Helen

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.