Ramipril BEST EVER medicine for lowering BP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Ramipril number YEARS by now and I have NO side effect at all.YES for few weeks at start up(small disturbances) but after that and up to present day Brilliant.

I am past 72 years and I would suggest to you all, give it a chance. I am positive this drug WILL WORK for you without problem.

Greeting,

Michael.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

:D I agree with Michael. I have also been on Ramipril for years (I am now 61) and have had no side effects whatsoever. My BP is now normal and has been since I started taking it. This medication has worked perfectly for me.
  • Posted

I so pleased to read that somebody has had a positive experience with Ramipril as I have read so many negative things. I am 52 and have just been diagnosed with high blood pressure and have been going through a very difficult period of adjustment. This is the second drug my doctor has tried and I am only on day two of the lowest dose so know it is early days. I have experience some dizziness and sleep problems but so far it hasn't been too dramatic. I know I will probably need to take medication for life so any positive messages can only help!
  • Posted

Hi, I posted earlier today about my experience and saw yours. I was wondering how you are feeling, I am on day 4 of Ramipril and like you I have had a few strange feelings but am trying to ignore them and just keep busy till this all settles down. How are you feeling today?
  • Posted

I have been on Ramapril for about 3 months and I have to agree it has been very effective at reducing BP.... BUT I have been suffering with the typical dry cough for all that time without realising it was the medication. It wasn't until I mentioned the cough last time I saw my doctor he just casually mentioned it was a side effect and I realised I started the cough about the same time as Ramapril.

So.... great product... just so annoying to have the cough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.