Ramipril....side effects...

Posted , 4 users are following.

having been put on 5mg ramipril...I think I have every side effect going ....lots of dizziness...chronic fatigue....tingling in hands....and now dry throat and indigestion....I've had enough and call it my dark cloud.....I'm also on propranolol for migraines that really seem to be working....when I told my gp how I was feeling ...he upped my ramipril to 10mg...needless to say that didn't help at all and I've now been put back on 5mg....but after 4 months I am still really suffering and really depressed...not me at all... every month when my period is either due or finishing I am wiped out for a few days....not good with a family and a job...anyone else had anything like this??...I've had lots of hormone testing done and everything's fine.....

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

All I can tell you  my Bloodpreashure was 152/92 on the 10 off December it's know 115/ 68 sometimes lower higher when stressed or thinking Daft thoughts here's what I did I was 15.9 know 14.01 I lost weight started eating heather lots off fish ,chicken fruite ,veg ,salds tuna ,juicing mainly carrots ,supplements horthorn ,garlic,fish oils q10 and two table spoons off flaxseed  ,walking everyday souna everyday it possible two lower Bloodpreashure narurelaly and drink at least foure pints off water and cider vinger  what more info I will help 
  • Posted

Jackster, I would ask for a change of BP medication.  I became quite ill on Ramipril, dreadful head pain which developed into an auto immune illness - maybe just coincidence but I was encourged to give it another go a few years down the line, but stopped it as soon as the head pain and nausea started.
  • Posted

Jackster, I would ask for a change of BP medication.  I became quite ill on Ramipril, dreadful head pain which developed into an auto immune illness - maybe just coincidence but I was encourged to give it another go a few years down the line, but stopped it as soon as the head pain and nausea started.
  • Posted

I was on Ramipril however after a few months trying to get use to the side affects, I couldn't stand it any longer, spoke to the GP and they prescribed Losartan as a replacement - used to suffer from a dryer than "normal" throat (well I've got pSS, so it's already dry to begin with) and a constant cough to the point of almost vomitting... 
    • Posted

hi....glad I'm not alone......I just feel that every day I am dealing with a new side effect....last week...dizziness...this week feeling constantly sick and suffering indigestion...I didn't have any of this b4 I started the ramipril....though they are saying lifestyle changes which I'm happy to do etc...but I just don't feel well enough to start...it's like a vicious circle...and horrible not knowing how I'm going to feel each morning sad
    • Posted

Hopefully, the meds will get sorted.  Just remember to document everything, preferable keeping some sort of journal/diary to show the GP smile 
  • Posted

Just an update on my situation regarding Ramipril.....having had lots of tests done over the last few weeks....it turns out my bp is absolutely fine.....and I never needed any bp medication....obs I am over the moon with this news...but quite angry that I have been treated and felt really unwell in myself for over 4 months to be told this....I actually have white coat syndrome and had what they think was now a virus.....
    • Posted

Yikes!  And to think that the GP upped the dose from 5 to 10mg at one time, too!  Unbelievable.  Still, I'm so glad that things have finally turned out well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.